Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shallow Pullbacks

From a purely technical perspective, it is bullish.  The market is not dipping much and when it does, the dips are quickly swallowed up and the market floats higher.  I can't imagine the nonfarm payrolls report to lead to a big selloff.  I see the most likely scenario being a quick dip on a slightly below consensus number and then the market rallying into the close and making new highs for this rally up to 1135.  The other scenario I could see is the market squeezing higher on an above consensus number and then peaking during the middle of the trading day and then fading a bit into the close.  In either case, I think we will likely go higher from current levels. 

1 comment:

Petsamo said...

I was able to sell relatively high in the early part of the day, but at the end of the day, I decided to buy back at a lower price. If we drop, at least I didn't absorb the full drop. I hope we a surprise good news tomorrow.