Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Europe: All About Nothing?

Action like today puts into question what the effect of the European slowdown will really be.  I am not so sanguine to say that Europe will have minimal effects on the US.  The US economy is very fragile and even a blow to just a few countries in Europe could carry over to the US and slow down growth. 

As for BP, its not a factor for me.  It affects consumer sentiment, but I believe that's just temporary.  

I am glad we got over the 200 day moving average and that will hopefully clear out a lot of shorts in the market.  That makes me eager to get short.

2 comments:

rippy41 said...

thanks for the blog! do you have a target price in mind or a specific indicator?

Market Owl said...

Around 1115 on the ES September contract, or 1120 on SPX. I don't think we're going up much from here.