Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dip Buying is Too Easy

Maybe I am just overthinking this, but it seems like for over a year now, dip buying has worked every single time and the dip buyers have hardly had to sweat an extended slide in the market.  The dip buyers haven't really faced a test since March 2009.  It has gotten too easy to be long.  In line with the bullish sentiment and low put/call ratios and lack of bears, we are setting up for a downtrend within the next few months.  I am not talking about a 2 week downswing.  I'm thinking 2 to 3 months of lower highs and lows.  In the meantime, I am in hit and run mode and will wait for only really good sell setups to short.  I am reluctant to go long under current conditions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With companies like AAPL beating earnings big, it's difficult not to go long. -Petsamo