Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Intraday Volatility

To these eyes, the price action and the intraday movements speak of a topping process occurring from 1140 to 1147.  The volume is higher than we've been used to for the rally, which is probably not what the bulls want with this kind of trading.  The squeezes occurring in the highly shorted stocks like the financials are proof that the bears are throwing in the towel.  Speculation is also picking up, as can been seen by the heavy call options activity and trading in C and AIG.  I am getting more bearish here.  I have a strong feeling that we will have  a gap down tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Petsamo said...

Personally, I believe we gap up. I hope I'm wrong. What would be ideal is we gap up so we land at S&P 1150, a double top. That'll give us perfect excuse to sell off.