Friday, February 12, 2010

Yesterday Was A Top

The gap down confirms my suspicions that yesterday was likely the top for this countertrend move started from last Friday.  I don't expect us to fall straight down today ahead of the President's Day holiday.  I expect choppy trading, but with a negative bias.  The euro weakness is giving a big hint that the market is not ready to make another up move.  I think the big move on the downside will start early next week as the Greece non-news is digested.

I would short any strength in the first hour of trade as I think it will be unsustainable.  It is a good time to get short and stay short.

7 comments:

nicasurfer said...

i have been noticing the GDX being a leading indicator here lately. Lets see if it plays out

Anonymous said...

Long GY @ 3.54

Ol dawg

Anonymous said...

Owl, this huge intraday rally is becoming a tradition.
Don't you think it shows significant market strength ?

nicasurfer said...

out GY $3.81

New Dog

nicasurfer said...

I was watching that one from the insider buying list.

Thanks for pointing it out

Market Owl said...

Rather than intraday rallies, I would say that trading above 1080 resistance is a sign of strength. And we are not trading above 1080.

Anonymous said...

Way to goo New DAwg!!!

You go gurl. I just sold my shares too.

OL DAWG