Friday, February 12, 2010

Big Picture

Let's not get dazzled by rabid short covering during the middle of the day in front of a 3 day weekend.  I always think intraday reversals are overrated.  They are much more often false signals than real signs of a bottom or top.  If I told you right after yesterday's close that we would be trading on Friday between a range of 1060 to 1075, would you have considered that bullish?  I think most people would not. 

The intraday volatility that we are having at these levels is telling me that bulls are having a hard time putting together a string of strong up days.  I stay with my call for us to visit 1040 before 1080. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sold GY @ 3.91

OL DAWG

Anonymous said...

i maybe that was a bad sale. I have the feeling this is going to 4+ by the end of today. but it hit my 10%+ target. so I had to

Anonymous said...

Sold 1/2 of JTX @ 2.35

Keeping the other 1/2 till 2.50

(knock on wood)

Ol DAWG

Anonymous said...

Sold a little more JTX @ 2.41

NOw I have to let the remainder ride till more than 2.50 lets see

ol dawg

Anonymous said...

Too many suckers shorting the hole.