Thursday, January 28, 2010

MSFT, AMZN, Bernanke, GDP

That is the lineup for this afternoon and tomorrow morning.  I think most traders are leaning long on all 4 of those items, i.e., they think the outcome for each of those events will lead the market higher. 
  • MSFT and AMZN might move the market a bit but I don't think earnings matter at this point unless they are really bad.  Good earnings is most priced in.  
  • Everyone knows Bernanke will get the nod, so the news will be anti-climactic, and possible sell on the news.  
  • I am hearing that the GDP number will come out strong tomorrow.  Expectations seem to be high for this.  That's not good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously man, if we can push to 1100 I will be happy. That will decrease the loss and I learned my lesson this time. The bull is dead, and I'm gonna short shit now or stop being greedy when long