Friday, January 15, 2010

MLK Weekend

It is going to be a long weekend, but Europe and Asia will still be quite active on Monday despite the US market being closed. Today's trade did surprise me a bit, despite the rally in the final hour of trade.  I expected this market to be more responsive to the initial weakness.  But selling on Tuesday and Wednesday has softened the underbelly of the bulls.  This market is becoming vulnerable.  I closed out my long position at the close.  I actually think there's a good chance that we'll gap down on Tuesday.  And the SPY weakness in afterhours, selling off about 0.15 after the futures close is signaling that there is a real possibility of a post-options expiration hangover. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a nice weekend.

Like your blog.

Steven

nicasurfer said...

You has some really nice trades this week. Wanted to get long on the dip but couldn't do it. Sometimes not doing anything is ok ,but you sure did kill it.

Atta boy!!