Friday, November 20, 2009

Feeling Like a Kodiak

The action is clearly bearish.  I shorted earlier in the day and I will ride it out for all its worth.  FMHR has 3 to 1 bulls, despite the sluggish action. I am seeing call buying increasing over the past couple of hours.  The volume is very low, despite it being options expiration.  Looks like the sellers are waiting to sell a rally.  The market seems to be setting up for further selling.  I am bearish here for the close.

P.S. - If we don't have a selloff in the next 3 hours, due to options expiration effects, I expect heavier selling on Monday.

4 comments:

estrader said...

I love following your blog. Agree with you and I generally look at 1:30 for a reversal and if none it will usually continue the trend for the morning. Thanks for your time and effort.

Anonymous said...

I thought you would look to get long here dawg.

I revised my cover target to 1000 now.

Market Owl said...

NYSE Adv: 1013.. Dec: 1954
Nasdaq Adv: 943.. Dec: 1666 as of 2 PM ET, after this little bump up.

Breadth is poor, small caps continue to underperform, OIH is notably weak today, and oil is selling off into their close.

This market has avoided a selloff today, Monday should be a classic post expiration hangover day.

The Hook said...

Could this finally begin an IT selloff which takes SPY to its Sept lows like IWM, IYT and SMH?